Specialized Volunteer Talent Teams
With the support of The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, AVS launched The Hong Kong Jockey Club Community Project Grant: Volunteer Talent Bank ("VTB") in 2005, with the aim to capitalize on volunteer resources to build a special talent force with high calibre and strong commitment to serve the community.
V-care Befrienders Team
Reading Volunteer Team
- Through storytelling and paired reading session, interact with hospitalized children and elderly in need.
- Encourage inmates to develop reading habits by exchanging thoughts through book reports.
Student Service Supporting Team
Tourist Guide Team
- Provide route design & planning, tour and escort services for needy organizations.
- Organize local trips for elderly in need to reconnect them with the community.
Music Creative Team
Volunteer Performance Service Team
Social Inclusion Volunteer Service Team
Family Volunteer Team
Hair Cutting Team
Health Care Team
Information Technology Volunteer Service Team
Volunteer Photographers Team
Home-Safety Support Team
13 self-managed teams of volunteers with specialized skills/ talent or unique characteristics to meet the needs of the society. Volunteers are welcome to register as VTB members.
- Hold valid membership of the Hong Kong Community Volunteers (HKCV)
- Have expertise and skills as required by different teams
- Act in alignment with the VTB project goals and code of practices
- Actively participate in VTB volunteer service
- Endeavor to attend team trainings provided by VTB (if any)
Eligible volunteer-involving NGOs and other entities are welcome to first become our Registered Organizations and start receiving the professional and specialized services from our VTB volunteers.